About the role
We want more people to know about our unique fundraising website Givto, which enables people to give to a different charity each month. We believe social will be key, for which we need an excellent Social Media Manager to join our cause.
What will you be doing?
We need your help to increase the awareness of www.givto.org – our unique fundraising website that enables people to give to a different charity each month with one simple Direct Debit. After successfully launching our new branding and website in December we are now ready to take Givto to the next stage, and that is where you come in. Working closely with the Marketing Director and Content Lead, this role will involve managing our social presence across our four main channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
As our Social Media Manager you will be taking full control over our channels, not only generating content based on a content calendar, but also engaging with our followers, partners and other key stakeholders in the fundraising community to generate trust and fuel more engagement in return.
You will have as much say in the strategy and content as you wish. So this role is open to someone who wants to design and develop social and content strategies, plans and reports, but it’s also open to more junior candidates who want to learn more about marketing and community management.
What are we looking for?
- A great understanding of how the different social media channels work, the tools to manage them and strategies and tactics to achieve high engagement and interaction levels.
- Excellent written English.
- Understanding of image quality fundamentals and basic image editing skills (using a program such as Canva).
- Organised, reliable, resourceful, proactive and with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
Nice to have:
- Previous experience managing social channels, ideally including social listening, researching accounts to engage with, creating and/or following a content plan, content creation (writing posts) and automation (using tools), generating engagement and trust, and reporting results.
- Great copywriting skills. A creative thinker with a passion for great social content and the ability to follow a brand’s tone of voice without supervision.
- Image and/or video editing skills with a good eye for excellent social media graphic design.
- Experience of collaborating with influencers, journalists, bloggers or online communities.
- Knowledge of the charity/fundraising sector.
What difference will you make?
Givto is unique. It’s a bit like a digital version of the supermarket charity token schemes. The charities who joined us during the pilot have told us it is already making a difference and enabling them to reach people who would never have heard of them otherwise. That’s because no matter how big or small a charity is, or what cause they support – they all get a platform with Givto.
After our revamp of the brand and website design, we now want to focus on a marketing strategy to make sure we ramp up the visibility of the website, which we believe can be achieved through content generation, outreach and social media – and you will play a big part in that.
Ultimately this means that more people will sign up to give to a cause close to their heart every month, and so you will help raise more money for charities across the country.
If you would like to find out more or volunteer for this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org