About the role
We want more people to know about our unique fundraising website Givto, which enables people to give to a different charity each month. Great content is one of the ways that will help drive new people to our website.
What will you be doing?
We need your help to develop and promote Givto – www.givto.org – our unique charity fundraising service that enables people to give to a different charity each month with one simple Direct Debit.
You will work with our marketing and charity leads to plan and then write lots of great content for the website. The content you write will be guided by the SEO and content strategy, and will typically fall into one of four categories:
- Charity content – pages about the different charities we support, what they do and the people they help
- Landing pages – grouping the charities by different themes, such as location and cause
- Blogs – opinions, seasonal, top 10s etc
- Evergreen authoritative content – such as “how to find out how charities use your money” or “things to look for before you give to a charity”
You will have as much say in the strategy and themes of the content as you wish. So this role is open to someone who wants to be involved and learn about SEO and content strategies, but it’ also open to entry-level creative writers who want to build their portfolio and get more experience under their belt.
What are we looking for?
- excellent written English
- great copywriting skills (we are ideally looking for someone who has a passion for great content, is a creative thinker, and also understands the importance of research-based authoritative content)
- organised, reliable, proactive and with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
Nice to have:
- understand the importance of content for SEO (organic rankings) and are able to run user-focused keyword research to suggest new content ideas or new landing pages
- have experience of collaborating with influencers, journalists, bloggers or online communities
- have knowledge of the charity/fundraising sector
What difference will you make?
Givto is unique. It’s a bit like a digital version of the supermarket charity token schemes. It enables people to give to different charities but ensure that their personal information is safe. Our users and the charities we support have told us it is already making a difference and enabling charities to reach people who would never have heard of them otherwise. That’s because no matter how big or small a charity is, or what cause they support, they all get a platform with Givto.
We are still relatively new and unknown though, so we have a lot of work to do in 2023. You will play a key role in raising awareness and growing Givto through good content generation, marketing and social media. And the more we grow, the more money we raise for good causes across the UK and beyond.
You will also be joining an amazing team of volunteers who develop and run the Givto service. We are a dynamic and friendly team who love to learn from each other, share best practice, and have fun too.
If you would like to find out more or volunteer for this role please contact us at email@example.com